Christmas is the best season for someone to visit London. It is probably the only capital in the world so beautifully decorated with so many things to see and do.
1.See London sparkle for xmas.
Some awesome places to visit are :
- Oxford street (There are 750,000 LED lightbulbs in Oxford street alone);
- the Brunswick lights up for Xmas at Brunswick, Bloomsbury;
- the Carnaby Xmas lights in Soho;
- the Christmas lights on the Strand in Charing Cross;
- the Duke of York Square Xmas lights in Chelsea;
- St. Katharine docks’ Christmas lights in Tower Hill,
- Bond street Christmas Lights;
- Covent Garden Christmas at Covent Garden Piazza;
- Shepherd Market Christmas Lights in Mayfair;
- Regent street Christmas lights in Soho;
- Seven Dials Christmas lights in Covent Garden;
- the Enchanted Woodland Christmas lights in Brentford End;
- the Christmas at Kew Gardens;
- the Balham Christmas lights at Bedford Hill Place and
- the Royal Exchange Christmas tree lighting at Royal Exchange in Bank.
2. Go for xmas shopping.
There are quite a few Christmas markets in central London such as The Garage sale in Institute of Contemporary Arts at St. James, the Monocle Christmas market in Midori House Courtyard at Marylebone, the Southbank Centre Christmas market in Southbank Centre at South Bank, the Leicester square Christmas market, the Christmas market at Tate Modern and the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland.
If you are in North London, do not forget to visit the Camden Christmas Market in Camden Town and the Islington Christmas Market in Angel.
Last but not least, a Christmas market worth a visit is London Bridge City Christmas Market in London Bridge.
3. Ice skating in London
The best ice skating rinks here are:
- Broadgate ice rink in Moorgate
- Canada Wharf ice rink at Canada square park in Canary Wharf
- Hampton Court Palace ice rink in Hampton Court Palace
- Hyde Park Winter Wonderland
- Natural History Museum Ice rink in Brompton
- Skate at Somerset House in Temple
- Tower of London ice rink in Tower Hill
- Westfield London ice rink at Shepherd Bush (Westfield Shopping centre)
4. Watch some Xmas carols services in London
- in the St.Martin-in-the-fields at Trafalgar square on the 30th of November, 2016;
- the Eltham Palace carol service on the 7th of December 2016;
- alternative Christmas carols in King Cross, Canary square or the Childline’s Merry Little Christmas Carol Concert at St. Paul’s Cathedral on the 13th of December 2016.
Moreover, this year London’s coolest choir would be at The Coronet in Elephant and castle for 2 days only (13-14/12/2016).There will be tracks from Love Actually and other Christmas film classics.
5. Visit Harrod’s at Xmas because its shop windows decorations are a must-see
6. Choose from a huge variety on Xmas theatrical shows to watch. You can search on search engines for theatrical openings in London for November and December 2016 according to your interests.
7. Visit Santa’s grotto in Leicester square, Father Christmas at Hamley’s and Sutton House’s Santa’s Grotto in Hackney.