I’m so honoured that I can inspire others…that was really my main reason for starting this blog! If you have a chance, head on over to his blog for some beautiful photos and fun adventure stories.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award exactly?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers who “are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere“.
Rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award:
1.Thank the blogger for nominating your blog and post a link back to their blog
- Answer 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 questions to answer
Notify your nominees and
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
So, without further ado … THANK YOU SO MUCH Giorgos of traveldefinition.com who nominated me for this award. He has a really cool blog worth having a look. Check out his blog and see for yourself!!!
Here are my answers to Giorgos’ interesting questions…..
1.Which is the most memorable country you have visited?
England, no question about it. I instantly fell in love with the country and go back there in every given chance. I have lived in England for more than 5 years and I would be happy if I could live there for good.
2. You meet someone that does not like the idea of traveling, what do you say to him?
I don’t really say much to them. People are different. Some people like to stay home, others like to travel. Of course I feel they are missing out on so much because travelling opens your eyes and lets you see the world in a new light. It is such an educational experience. But I don’t really feel like changing people, making them do stuff they don’t like to.
3. What kind of traveler are you?
An adventurer. Road trips, roundtrips, city trips. I love it all, but never in a group. Where tourists go left, I go right.
4. So far in your life, have you ever wanted to stay somewhere and never come back home?If yes where and why?
Yes, absolutely, on my first sailing experience last summer in Ionian. I didn’t want this trip to end and I would love to be able to sail more in the future.
5. What was the first trip that made you love traveling?
I guess it was in my blood. My parents took my sister and me in a road trip from Greece to Italy, Switzerland and France, and later I took off in the big wide world myself and got addicted to travelling ever since.
6. If you were to spend the last day alive, how will you spend it?
Never think of it but I will probably spend the whole day hanging around with my lovely lab puppy Joey, my boyfriend and closed family members.
7. Which is the worst memory you have while traveling?
Now that is a hard question. I am a very positive person and most negative experiences are really not so bad if you have the right mindset. Any bad thing happening on your travels will become a good story sooner or later. I am very good at remembering the positives and forget about the negatives. But definitely my worst memory is when I was in Crete for a Greek wedding in 2008 and saw a young boy that had a very serious motorbike accident – he was lying dead on the edge of the road-. So, please be super careful when driving and don’t drink and drive.
8. Which is the best memory you have while traveling?
The best memory when travelling is when I am on the airport and wait for my journey to begin. I love watching other passengers pass by and dream my trip…
9. What was the most delicious food you have tasted outside your country?
Italian pizza is the BEST pizza I’ve had in my entire life . Apparently, Italy is a zillion levels above the rest of the world.
10. If you were to go somewhere tomorrow, where would it be and why?
Such an easy question! My answer is of course England. 🙂 But I need to see other places as well. Anywhere I haven’t been really. Australia is high up on my list right now, so is United States of America. So if someone gave me a ticket to wherever tomorrow I guess I would flip a coin between those 2 continents. If you ask me next year I would probably say England.
11. What is your belief in life?
I am not religious or anything like that. I believe we have this life and this life only, when we die that’s it. So all we have to do is to make the most of the life we have, live in the moment, enjoy ourselves. It could all be over tomorrow, I want to experience as much as I can before I die.
In no particular order, I am nominating the following bloggers for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
- Catie from A Postcard Home
- Sven from Svenywhere
- Jitin from Bornomadic Travel site .
- Christina from A little nomad
- Andy from Wanderlust aussies
- Daisy from Beyond my border
- Maria from Travel Details
- Alexandra from Two Penguins, ONE dream
- Ghicelle from Stay Wild
- Megha from A Li’l of Everything
- Grysh from More Like Twins
Congratulations! My questions for you are:
- What is your most favourite place you’ve ever been?
- What is the most amazing thing you’ve seen while travelling?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten while traveling?
- What is your favourite travel-related book or movie?
- Trains, planes, RVs or sailing boats?
- What is one off the beaten path location that you recommend for me to visit?
- What is your least favourite part of travelling?
- What’s the story behind your blog name?
- What is your favourite social media platform and why?
- What is the most valuable thing you’ve learned from blogging?